Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Life Imitating Art

Today my other blog, Vicki's Angelfish, has been awarded a blog award. If you haven't visited this blog, you might find it interesting.

You see, while I was writing Vicki's Key, I had several angelfish. Vicki Boyd, one of the main characters in the series, uses a front as an angelfish breeder to cover her real job as a CIA psychic spy. And each time I wrote that she was tending angelfish eggs or angelfish babies (known as fry) some of my own angelfish laid eggs.

Flash forward nearly two years, and I have nine aquariums, two of which are honeymoon suites and infant wards. Angelfish, it turns out, mate for life, live to be around 10 years old, and make terrific parents. Some of the babies have grown to create families of their own.

Vicki's Angelfish chronicles my experiences raising angelfish. It includes videos of the angelfish as they hatch and hang on by their heads until they're strong enough to swim... All the way to adulthood.

Shown at right is a male angelfish ten inches tall named Lindsay Buckingfish. He and Stevie Fishnick, a hot platinum angel, have had several clutches of angels. A video of their latest is shown below.