Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Two Weeks from Book 'Em North Carolina

It's just over two weeks until the third annual Book 'Em North Carolina Writers Conference and Book Fair, the event I founded and which I continue to chair. For most of the year, I will spend at least twenty hours each and every week on organizing the event.

But on the day of the event, I will try as much as possible to be an author, though I will be answering questions all day from a variety of volunteers and organizers.

This year, I will have two additional books for sale that I didn't have last year:

The Tempest Murders is the first in a new series featuring Detective Ryan O'Clery, an Irish immigrant who finds himself working a serial murder case as Hurricane Irene is barreling toward the North Carolina coastline. The book placed as one of four finalists in the cross-genre category of the 2013 USA Best Book Awards, and it is also nominated for the 2014 International Book Awards.

The Pendulum Files will not officially be released until March 17, 2014, but I will have advance copies of the book for sale at Book 'Em. This book is the fifth in the Black Swamp Mysteries series, featuring CIA operative Dylan Maguire, psychic spy Vicki Boyd and computer hacker Brenda Carnegie. Their mission: to find out who is bombing merchant ships en route from China to the United States. But when an assassin breaks out of prison to finish the job he started years earlier, the trio find their personal lives and their professional assignment are about to collide.

I hope you'll join me at Book 'Em North Carolina on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at Robeson Community College in Lumberton, North Carolina. The doors open to the public at 9:30 AM, and both attendance and parking is completely free. More than 75 authors, publishers, musicians and Hollywood moviemakers will be featured. For more information, visit www.bookemnc.org.